Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Makeup Madness with Urban Decay!

Avatar Meets Smoky Eye
This past Saturday while shopping at Macy’s I ran into Urban Decay and got a free makeup application. Because I was going to model in the HerPanache.com Launch Party the next day, I wanted to try a creative, high-fashion look that would make my eyes pop and add drama to my facial features. 


My Wicked Weekend at Urban Decay
Urban Decay’s fabulous makeup artist, Taylor Eli did a stunning job applying my makeup and informing me about their fabulous products.  During my makeup session, Taylor explained everything that she applied and the different ways to accomplish these looks from home. 

Tips from Taylor
1.  Always use primer before applying lip, eye, brow and face makeup. It helps your makeup stay on for an all day look.
2.  If you’re wearing individual lashes like I did the night of the Launch Party, try applying olive oil or vegetable oil to your eye lids to moisturize your skin and reduce the cracks that lashes cause above your eyes.


Try it!
Urban Decay’s Eye primer and Eye shadow are great for edgy eyes and eye popping drama. If you have lighter skin, I recommend using darker colors and trying the smoky eye look. If you have darker skin, I suggest using brighter colors that add more light and constrast to your skin tone. 

If you’re looking for Fiece makeup, I definitely want you to visit Urban Decay. Trust me you won’t go home dissappointed! 


 The lovely HerPanache.com Launch Party Models with Owner, Shareha Adriann in the center. AmourGenesis wearing Urban Decay on the right.

The Fabulous iT Factor Agency Crew with AmourGenesis rocking Urban Decay in the center (second from right).
The Step-by-Step Process
If you’re wondering how Talor acccomplished my beautfiul Avatar look try these products. 

Step 1:Thoroughly wash and moisturize your face. Try using Urban Decay’s Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20

Step 2: Since it’s best to apply your eye makeup first use Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion
 
Step 3: If you want a fierce avatar look try using colors that pop from Urban Decay’s Stardust Eyeshadow Collection. I recommend trying 54, Retrograde, Void, Moon Spoon, and Space Cowboy. Together these colors have a really exotic butterfly effect that is sure to make you stand out.

Step 4: Apply Urban Decay’s Brow Box. It’s basically a cute tool box for your brows that includes tweezers, an angled brush, two shades of brow color and wax. The perfect remedy for the perfect brows!

Step 5: Apply Urban Decay’s Complexion Primer Potion. It’s great for perfecting your pores and is sure to keep your makeup on all day. 

Step 6: Find your best foundation with Urban Decay’s Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup. 

Step 7: Apply Urban Decay’s Baked Bronzer for Face and Body to give you a sunset glow.

Step 8: Apply Urban Decay’s Invisible Lip Primer Potion.

Step 9: Use Urban Decay’s Decadently Creamy, Long-Lasting Color Lipstick. My favorite is Lovechild.

Step 10: Don’t leave without spraying on a quick coat of Urban Decay’s All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

The Glamour Experience
My first time shopping at Urban Decay was a great experience. The service was excellent and I learned a lot about makeup application and the best products to buy for my looks! If you’re looking for a makeup line that specializes in creative art, edginess and dramatic high-fashion try Urban Decay.

Visit them at Macy’s department stores or online at www.urbandecay.com.  For more step-by-step makeup sessions check out Urban Decay’s video online at http://www.urbandecay.com/looks-and-video/video,default,sc.html




Until Next Time,
 Be Glamorous, Be Urban, Be Fierce  
              AmourGenesis


1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Full of great information. Urban Decay is so hot!

    ReplyDelete