Monday, January 14, 2013
Sessions with a Natural Beauty Junkie
Natural Beauty Tips to Start Your Year Off Right!
From: Amour Genesis
Beauty Tip: Indulge in healthy skin care regimens to bring back your fabulous glow! Ladies, if you’re anything like me, your skin tends to get dryer and pale-looking during the winter months. Luckily, I found a few great, natural, at-home beauty recipes that will have your skin glowing in no time! Check them out:
1. Get plenty of rest: Although it may sound simple and a bit cliché, the amount of sleep that you get per night can make or break your skin the next day- and even for the rest of your life. Be sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep per night so you can wake up with a brighter complexion, natural glow and feeling refreshed!
2. Let Your Stress Rest: Ok girls, I know we all get stressed out here and there, but remember than when you’re emotionally stressed and drained, your skin is too. With that being said, you should always try to find ways to balance your everyday life and maintain a healthy stress level so that it doesn’t get the best of your skin and good looks! Try taking a weekly yoga class with your favorite instructor, taking 10 minutes to relax each night with a cup of herbal Holy Basil tea (which is great for stress relief and anti-aging by the way), reading that book that you just can’t seem to put down, or whatever else takes your busy mind away from your hectic life.
3. Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate: Ladies I can’t stress the importance of how vital it is to stay hydrated. Just like your body has to stay hydrated, well so does your skin. Remember to drink 8-10 glasses of water per day (I know this sounds like a lot but believe me, it’s well worth it) so you can stay hydrated, healthy, youthful-looking and glowing!
4. Move It: Exercise is one of the best natural, complexion boosters that you can find- so get moving! Even if you can’t commit to a full-fledged two-hour workout cycle, at least try to stick to a 30-40 minute fast-paced walk four to five times a week to keep your natural tone glowing flawlessly!
5. Eat Right: Ladies, one of the biggest factors that can take harsh tolls on your skin is your diet and nutrition. Studies show that diet has a profound effect on how your skin looks. A diet full of refined flour, sugar and processed foods is a major culprit in uneven tone, breakouts and general lack of brightness. Giving your skin the nutrients it needs will help you get your glow back. Try avoiding junk foods, pre-packaged foods and unhealthy snacks, and instead try sticking to leafy greens, fresh fruits, colorful vegetables and whole grains.
6. Exfoliate Your Skin: When is the last time that you exfoliated your skin? Hopefully recently! Ladies, because our skin builds up with millions of bacteria, impurities, toxins and who knows what else, it’s really important to exfoliate your skin on a regular basis. Keep in mind that this doesn’t have to be your everyday routine, but at least 3-4 times a week. By exfoliating your skin, you’re removing bacteria, unclogging your pores, and protecting your skin from free radicals that love to get trapped inside. Treat your skin to a natural exfoliation and watch your glow magically return!
7. Go All Natural: Girls, I know there’s tons of beauty products out on the market and that sometimes it gets hard for us to decide which brand to choose from. But here’s the deal, unless you want to mask your skin with harsh chemicals you should consider using natural, organic products. And even try using vegan-based skin care brands if you can. These natural, holistic alternatives will definitely benefit your skin and also help you to avoid further damage in the long run.
Check out one of my favorite natural beauty products that always gives me a flawless polish and goddess-glow!
Mineral Fusion Bronzer Duo
I absolutely love Mineral Fusion Cosmetics! It’s only been a couple of months since I started using their products and I must say, it’s already one of my favorite beauty brands. Not only is Mineral Fusion a natural, mineral-based line, but their products are also targeted for girls like me who have sensitive skin. And even better- with Mineral Fusion you get the best of both worlds- A mineral-based cosmetics brand where beauty and skin care become one. (Doesn’t that sound just lovely?)
Check out these recent photos of me wearing Mineral Fusion’s Bronzer:
Amour Genesis in Mineral Fusion Pressed Foundation and Luster Bronzer!
To check out more beauty and lifestyle blogs by Amour Genesis, visit:
For more information about Amour Genesis visit: www.amourgenesis.com
The content and products shared in this blog have been Amour Genesis Approved